Saturday, December 24, 2011

I Love My Family More at Christmas

Families come in all sizes and shapes. Whatever your family looks like - small or large, related or unrelated - I wish you the very best season of love.


I Love My Family More at Christmas


Of course, I love my family.
I love them every day.
From the eldest, my Pops, to the youngest,
Grandson, nearly 400 miles away.

I’m proud of the baker, the nurse,
The painter, the soldier and the chef.
Not to know how I feel about them all
You would clearly have to be deaf.

The brothers-in-law are all blessings to me
And the nieces and nephews bring joy;
Every one a credit to the marvelous two,
Married 60 plus years now – oh, boy.

So wrap them all up in ribbons and bows
And let me take them home to my heart,
Because it’s always the same every Yule,
My family is truly the very best part.

3 comments:

  1. Love the poem Kathy. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    Season's Greetings,

    Ardee-ann

    http://ardeeeichelmann.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete